A few weeks ago I heard rumor of this update and was beaming with joy that Verizon had FINALLY taken interest in this phone and decided to correct some of their shortcomings.
So sure enough, as soon as this thing launched I was all over the forums looking for the good news, anxiously anticipating the update greatness. Sadly, this update only fixes minor bugs and adds nothing to the Dare.
However I still made my way to the Verizon store and took what I could get.
This is my experience with the update thus far:
1. BATTERY LIFE WAY WAY UP! (have used internet, music player, and bluetooth excessively on purpose to test this and I haven’t even used a bar up)
2. More accurate Touch response (when working that is)
3. Phone doesn’t stop reading my memory card at random times anymore. (this happened frequently when using the music player)
4. The unlock button on screen doesn’t hide behind messages.
1. Touch screen sticks constantly now, just stops working.
2. Phone restarts 1 out of 3 times I try to access the Browse Download section of the Media Center.
3. Phone also sticks when scrolling
4. NO MOBILE TV, NO VISUAL VOICEMAIL, NO IMPROVED INTERNET BROWSER, NO FULL SCREEN VIDEOS, AND THE TERRIBLE LACK OF DOWNLOADABLE APPS.
So that’s my list so far, would love to hear feedback from everyone else who has received this “update”Tags: Download